2/21/11

Prologue

from Solitary Sky:

Dirty, claw-like fingers broke through the shadows and grabbed my throat, lifting me off the ground. My legs flailed frantically as I dug my nails into warm, clammy flesh, trying desperately to free my neck from his inhuman grip.
Wild, black eyes watched in amusement at my futile attempt to put up a fight.
I screamed inside, struggling to push out the sound…but it stayed trapped in my throat while I gasped for air.
My resistance soon crumbled, giving way to exhaustion. Curtains of darkness draped across my consciousness and I felt myself slipping into the black.
My fear faded as I grew weaker, surrendering to an inescapable death. I closed my eyes and lifted a trembling hand up to my chest, clutching the cold, hard metal between my fingers.


...where are you?




No comments:

Post a Comment